IPL 2022 - GT vs RR Predicted Playing 11 team. Check Gujarat Titans vs Rajasthan Royals Playing XI and Player Stats
The 1st qualifier of the IPL 2022 is set to take place on 24th May at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. The top team of the league stage, Gujarat Titans will face Rajasthan Royals in the first playoff.
GT is the only team which has won 10 matches this season and they finished at the top of the table while RR is at the 2nd spot with 9 wins in 14 matches.
Let’s take a look at the predicted playing 11 for the 1st qualifier match GT vs RR.
- Top order : Wriddhiman Saha is in the good touch while Shubman Gill is lacking consistency in his form. Saha has scored 312 runs while Gill has smashed 403 runs. Matthew Wade comes in at 3rd number for GT but he doesn’t look in good form.
- Middle order : GT’s middle-order consists of Hardik Pandya, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia and Rashid Khan. Rashid Khan has displayed his batting skills once or twice this season. Skipper Hardik Pandya smashed 62 runs off 47 deliveries in the last match and would want to get back to his initial form again. David Miller currently has the highest batting average of 54.42.
- Lower order : GT started off the season on a winning note with the help of its bowling department, especially Mohammad Shami, who dismissed LSG openers KL Rahul and Quinton de Kock in his first spell of the season. Lockie Ferguson might be rested again for this after he bowled at economy of 12.60 in the last match. Alzarri Joseph might make it back to the playing 11. Yash Dayal went wicket less in the last 2 matches but he might be given another opportunity. Dayal has taken 9 wickets in 7 matches. In the spin department, Rashid Khan and Sai Kishore are bowling quite well. Rashid Khan has picked 18 wickets in 14 matches.
GT Playing 11 against RR
Wriddhiman Saha, Shubman Gill, Hardik Pandya (c), David Miller, Matthew Wade (wk), Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Alzarri Joseph, Mohammed Shami, Yash Dayal
GT Playing 11 Batsman Stats
GT Playing 11 Bowlers Stats
- Top order : Yashasvi Jaiswal was included in the playing 11 since the last 4 matches and he was ready for the opportunity. He scored 59, 41, 19 and 68 runs in the last 4 outings. His opening partner Jos Buttler is currently the orange cap holder with 629 runs so far. Skipper Sanju Samson is playing decently and accumulated 374 runs in 14 innings.
- Middle order : The middle-order of RR has Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag and Ravichandran Ashwin. Surprisingly, Ashwin has been going pretty well in the last few matches with the bat. Hetmyer has returned back to the playing 11 now and he has been in terrific form this season. Padikkal is also in good form but Parag has to level up his game.
- Lower order : Obed McCoy has joined the playing 11 of RR since the last 2 matches and he has picked 2 wickets in each match. He will be retained in playing 11 for the qualifier match. RR has a devastative bowling unit with Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna and McCoy as pacers and Yuzvendra Chahal and Ravi Ashwin take care of the spin attack. Chahal is currently the leading wicket taker of the season.
RR Playing 11 against GT
Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (c) (wk), Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, Obed McCoy
RR Playing 11 Batsman Stats
RR Playing 11 Bowlers Stats